(903) 123 05 44
He was graduated from Famagusta Turk Maarif College, Cyprus in 1997. Earned Medical Biologist title after graduating from the Department of Medical Biological Sciences, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, İstanbul University in 2001. He completed MSc in Basic Immunology and PhD studies in Tumor Biology and Immunology at the Deaprtment of Basic Oncology, Hacettepe University Cancer Institute between 2001 and 2007. He became Associate Professor in Immunology in September 2011.
As a guest researcher, Dr. Esendagli performed studies in Germany, at Borstel research Center, Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Division of Immunotherapy, and in Sweden, at Uppsala University, Biomedical Center, Department of Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry.
In addition to successfull presentation awards in scientific meetings, his studies were awarded with, Cancer Control Foundation of Turkey - Prof. Dr. Bedii Gorbon Award in 2011 and 2007, and Prof. Dr. Lale Atahan - Novelties in Clinical Oncology Award in 2009.
Dr. Esendagli’s research focuses on tumor immunology, immunotherapy and cancer microenvironment.
- Esendagli G. A co-stimulatory trap set by myeloid leukemia cells. Oncoimmunology. 2013 Jun 1;2(6):e24524.
- Dolen Y, Esendagli G. Myeloid leukemia cells with a B7-2(+) subpopulation provoke Th-cell responses and become immunosuppressive through the modulation of B7 ligands. Eur J Immunol. 2013 Mar;43(3):747-57.
- Esendagli G, Kurne AT, Sayat G, Kilic AK, Guc D, Karabudak R. Evaluation of Th17-related cytokines and receptors in multiple sclerosis patients under interferon beta-1 therapy. J Neuroimmunol. 2013 Feb 15;255(1-2):81-4.
- Camurdanoglu BZ, Esendagli G, Ozdemir E, Canpinar H, Guc D, Kansu E. The effect of granulocyte colony stimulating factor receptor gene missense single nucleotide polymorphisms on peripheral blood stem cell enrichment. Cytokine. 2013 Feb;61(2):572-7.
- Şengel-Türk CT, Hasçiçek C, Dogan AL, Esendagli G, Guc D, Gönül N. Preparation and in vitro evaluation of meloxicam-loaded PLGA nanoparticles on HT-29 human colon adenocarcinoma cells. Drug. Dev. Ind. Pharm. 2012 Sep;38(9):1107-16.
- Mert O., Esendagli G., Dogan AL., Demir AS. Injectable biodegradable polymeric system for preserving the active form and delayed-release of camptothecin anticancer drugs. RSC Advances 2012; 2, 176–185.
- Rama D, Esendagli G, Guc D. Expression of chemokine-like receptor 1 (CMKLR1) on J744A.1 macrophages co-cultured with fibroblast and/or tumor cells: Modeling the influence of microenvironment. Cellular Immunology 2011; 271(1):134-40 (Epub: 2011 Jun 24).
- Kurne A., Guc D., Canpinar H., Aydin Ö.F., Sayat G., Yörübulut M., Esendagli G., Karabudak R. Analysis of BAFF and TRAIL expression levels in multiple sclerosis patients: evaluation of expression under immunomodulatory therapy. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica 2011 Jan;123(1):8-12 (E-pub: Apr. 2010).
- Fahmi T., Esendagli G., Yilmaz G., Kansu E., Guc D. Immune compartmentalization of T cell subsets in chemically-induced breast cancer. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology 2010 Oct;72(4):339-48.
- Dolen Y., Yilmaz G., Esendagli G., Guler N.E., Guc D. (2010) CD40 -1C>T single nucleotide polymorphism and CD40 expression on breast tumors, Cytokine 2010 Jun;50(3):243-4 (E-pub: Apr. 2010) – letter to editor.
- Esendagli G., Canpinar H., Doğan A.L., Akkaya M., Kansu E., Guc D. Transfection efficiency of myeloid leukaemia cells is differentially regulated by fibronectin substratum. Cytotechnology 2009 Dec;61: 45-53.
- Esendagli G., Canpinar H., Yilmaz G., Kaymaz F., Kansu E., Guc D. Fibronectin promotes the phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA)-induced macrophage differentiation in myeloid leukemia cells. International Journal of Hematology 2009 Mar;89: 167-172 (E-pub: Jan. 2009).
- Esendagli G., Canpinar H., Yilmaz G., Gunel-Ozcan A., Guc M.O., Kansu E., Guc D. Primary tumor cells obtained from MNU-induced mammary carcinomas show immune heterogeneity which can be modulated by low-efficiency transfection of CD40L gene. Cancer Biology and Therapy 2009 Jan 27;8(2): 136-142(E-pub: Jan 2009).
- Bilensoy E., Sarisozen C., Esendagli G., Dogan A. L., Aktas Y., Mungan N. A. Intravesical cationic nanoparticles of chitosan and polycaprolactone for the delivery of mitomycin C to bladder tumors.International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2009 Apr 17;371(1-2):170-6(E-pub: Dec. 2008).
- Esendagli G., Yilmaz G., Canpinar H., Gunel-Ozcan A., Guc M. O., Guc D. Co-existence of different tissue tumourigenesis in an N-methyl-N-nitrosourea-induced mammary carcinoma model: A histopathological report in Sprague-Dawley rats. Laboratory Animals 2009 Jan;43(1):60-4 (E-pub: Nov. 2008).
- Esendagli G., Gunel-Ozcan A., Canpinar H., Guc D. Cloning and functional analysis of a novel polymorphic variant of rat (Rattus norvegicus) CD40 ligand gene. Molecular Biology Reports 2009 Jan;36(1): 83-89. (E-pub: Oct. 2007).
- Canpinar H., Esendagli G., Kansu E., Gunel-Ozcan A., Guc D. Adhesion of Beta1 integrin to fibronectin regulates CAM-DR phenotype via p21WAF1/cip1 in HL60 acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cells. Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences 2008 Apr;38(2): 97-104.
- Esendagli G., Bruderek K., Goldmann T., Busche A., Branscheid D., Vollmer E., Brandau S. Malignant and non-malignant lung tissue areas are differentially populated by natural killer cells and regulatory T cells in non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer 2008 Jan;59(1): 32-40. (E-pub: Sept. 2007)
Tumor immunology, Experimental Immunotherapy
|Foreign Experience / Education||Borstel Research Center, Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Division of Immunotherapy, Germany Uppsala University, Biomedical Center, Department of Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry, Sweden|
|Foreign Language||English French|
: (903) 123 05 44